• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#693 - Clawitzer

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
693-0.png

#693 Clawitzer
[type=water][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Burosuta
Classification: Howitzer Pokémon
Height: 4' 03"
Weight: 77.8 lbs
Egg Group: Water 1, Water 3

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Mega Launcher

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info:
Clawitzer possesses an immense claw that can shoot projectiles of water with enough force to perforate armored vessels. It can speed through the water by expelling water from the back of its claw.

20454_pokedex.png

X: Their enormous claws launch cannonballs of water powerful enough to pierce tanker hulls.
Y: By expelling water from the nozzle in the back of its claw, it can move at a speed of 60 knots.

20453_locations.png

Exclusive To: Pokémon X. Route 8, Ambrette Town, Cyllage City.

20455_evolution.png

20514_692-693.png

Evolves from Clauncher at level 37

20462_levelup.png

--- Heal Pulse
--- Dark Pulse
--- Dragon Pulse
--- Aura Sphere
--- Splash
--- Water Gun
Lv. 7 - Water Sport
Lv. 9 - Vice Grip
Lv. 12 - Bubble
Lv. 16 - Flail
Lv. 20 - Bubble Beam
Lv. 25 - Swords Dance
Lv. 30 - Crabhammer
Lv. 34 - Water Pulse
Lv. 42 - Smack Down
Lv. 47 - Aqua Jet
Lv. 53 - Muddy Water
Lv. 57 - Dark Pulse
Lv. 63 - Dragon Pulse
Lv. 67 - Aura Sphere

20469_artwork.png

Clawitzer-X-and-Y.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p07_03.jpg
oct_p07_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Why yes, that is exactly the point. The line is based on pistol shrimps, after all. Only makes sense for a gun to evolve into a bigger gun.

As for 'how violent' - I assume you mean as opposed to the general theme of a bunch of elemental creatures continuously battling each other in a myriad of destructive ways, of course. >>

Well, while it's a no-brainer in terms of competitive battling, I'm personally torn between Clauncher and Clawitzer since I have to choose between a fully evolved special attack powerhouse with a wide range of moves, or its weaker pre-evolved form with fewer Mega Launcher-related moves but (at least in my opinion) has a better looking design

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
Well, while it's a no-brainer in terms of competitive battling, I'm personally torn between Clauncher and Clawitzer since I have to choose between a fully evolved special attack powerhouse with a wide range of moves, or its weaker pre-evolved form with fewer Mega Launcher-related moves but (at least in my opinion) has a better looking design
The mega-launcher related moves have saved me quite a bit, actually. But yes, Clauncher does have a design that is a little bit better.

NOOOO! it's not original, to much like Kingler!!! but yes mega-kingler or mega clawitzer would be a Major doomsday pokemon! lets hope Giovanni doesn't get any ideas