• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#692 - Clauncher

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
692-0.png

#692 Clauncher
[type=water][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Udeppou
Classification: Water Gun Pokemon
Height: 1'08"
Weight: 18.3 lbs
Egg Group: Water 1, Water 3

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Mega Launcher

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Clauncher was revealed during the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y presentation at E3 on the 12th of June, it was revealed alongside Talonflame and Skrelp.

Additional Info:
As described by Pokemon.com, "Clauncher is easily recognizable by the oversized claw on one of its arms. This useful claw can seize prey and shoot water at others as a projectile! Clauncher's enormous claw can also crack boulders when the Pokémon is at close range."

20454_pokedex.png

X: They knock down flying prey by firing compressed water from their massive claws like shooting a pistol.
Y: Through controlled explosions of internal gas, it can expel water like a pistol shot. At close distances, it can shatter rock.

20453_locations.png

Exclusive To: Pokémon X. Route 8, Ambrette Town, Cyllage City.

20455_evolution.png

20514_692-693.png

Evolves into Clawitzer at level 37

20462_levelup.png

--- Splash
--- Water Gun
Lv. 7 - Water Sport
Lv. 9 - Vice Grip
Lv. 12 - Bubble
Lv. 16 - Flail
Lv. 20 - Bubble Beam
Lv. 25 - Swords Dance
Lv. 30 - Crabhammer
Lv. 34 - Water Pulse
Lv. 39 - Smack Down
Lv. 43 - Aqua Jet
Lv. 48 - Muddy Water

20469_artwork.png

clauncher.png
20470_screenshots.png

june_new_p18_01.png
june_new_p18_02.png

Last edited by a moderator:
His colors are really pretty. If you asked me we didn't need any more crab-like Pokemon, but I still think Clauncher is cool. I hope he gets a big evolution, maybe something like Crawdaunt.

I can sort of see this Pokemon becoming a part fighting or steel type, but besides that, I really like it. I don't really like too many crustacean Pokemon, but this one I like because of the coloration, which has always bugged me with others like Kingler and Crawdaunt.

Wow, this guy is awesome! I like the colors he has on him (Dat blue). I'm hoping that Clauncher gets an epic evolution, because I love Corphish and Crawdaunt and this definitely reminds me of it.

Definitely a candidate for my final team in X/Y.

Does Clauncher remind anyone else of Dunsparce? Maybe it's just the color scheme, but that's the pokemon Claucher reminds me of from the older games. I think Clauncher has the potential to be really interesting, especially if Nintendo actually gives it a good evolution as well.