• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#687 - Malamar

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
687-0.png

#687 Malamar
[type=dark][/type]/[type=psychic][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Karamanero
Classification: Overturning Pokémon
Height: 1.5m
Weight: 47kg
Egg Group: Water 1, Water 2

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Contrary, Suction Cups
Hidden Ability: Infiltrator

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Malamar was first revealed on the 11th of July in the July CoroCoro Leaks.

Additional Info: As described on Pokemon.com, "The evolved form of Inkay, Malamar wields some of the strongest hypnotic powers of any Pokémon and can make its opponents bend to its will."

20454_pokedex.png

X: It wields the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon, and it forces others to do whatever it wants.
Y: It lures its prey close with hypnotic motions, then wraps its tentacles around it before finishing it off with digestive fluids.

20453_locations.png

Evolve Inkay.

20455_evolution.png

20511_686-687.png

Evolves from Inkay at level 30 if you hold your 3DS upside down during level up.

20462_levelup.png

--- Superpower
--- Reversal
--- Tackle
--- Peck
--- Constrict
Lv. 4 - Reflect
Lv. 8 - Foul Play
Lv. 12 - Swagger
Lv. 13 - Psywave
Lv. 15 - Topsy-Turvy
Lv. 18 - Hypnosis
Lv. 21 - Psybeam
Lv. 23 - Switcheroo
Lv. 27 - Payback
Lv. 31 - Light Screen
Lv. 35 - Pluck
Lv. 39 - Psycho Cut
Lv. 43 - Slash
Lv. 46 - Night Slash
Lv. 48 - Superpower

20469_artwork.png

malamar artwork.png
20470_screenshots.png

malamar_sepiatroce_calamane.png
july_p09_04.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: #??? - Karamanero

I absolutely love this thing for some reason ♥ I love it's design, it's has the typing I've been wanting the most since Gen 2 and it has Contrary ♥

Re: #??? - Karamanero

it floats right? because I'm imagining this thing waddling around trying to grab you with its little tentacles and it doesn't seem very efficient. I guess I like its design though but I already said I probably wouldn't use its pre-evo so same goes for this

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Worth noting in this thread that it's pretty certain, given previous leaks that included this Pokemon and it's pre-evolution, that to evolve Inkay, you will have to turn your 3DS upside down when levelling up.