• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#677 - Espurr

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
677-0.png

#677 Espurr
[type=psychic][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Nyasupa
Classification: Restraint Pokémon
Height: 0.3m / 1'00"
Weight: 3.5kg / 7.7 lbs
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Keen Eye or Infiltrator
Hidden Ability: Own Tempo

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: Espurr values its independence, and you will often find Espurr acting on its own. Espurr possesses great psychic power, and it keeps its ears tightly shut to prevent that power from being released inadvertently.

20454_pokedex.png

X: The organ that emits its intense psychic power is sheltered by its ears to keep power from leaking out.
Y: It has enough psychic energy to blast everything within 300 feet of itself, but it has no control over its power.

20453_locations.png

Route 6

20455_evolution.png

20507_677-678.png

Evolves into Meowstic at Level 25

20462_levelup.png

--- Scratch
--- Leer
Lv. 5 - Covet
Lv. 9 - Confusion
Lv. 13 - Light Screen
Lv. 17 - Psybeam
Lv. 19 - Fake Out
Lv. 22 - Disarming Voice
Lv. 25 - Psyshock

20469_artwork.png

Espurr-X-and-Y.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p08_02.jpg
oct_p08_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you capture Espurr look at its pokedex entry. It may say something about shooting beams from its eyes. But those eyes. One more thing... look on Jwittz for his recent creepy/wierd pokedex entries and skip to the end. Enjoy your time together!

The restraint part is talking about how it keeps it's ears folded over, otherwise he'll shoot a beam out so powerful it can disintegrate anything in a 300-500 mile radius.

Espurr needs to have a creepypasta based off of it. I mean look at it's merciless face, it's got to happen eventually.

Its so adorable yet slightly creepy at the same time
It looks like it wants to steal someones soul
Espurr needs to have a creepypasta based off of it. I mean look at it's merciless face, it's got to happen eventually.

All agreed.
It's over ration and overall creepiness is the main reason why I even hate this. The only thing really saving it is it's evolution, which I thought was creative and cute.

Espurr, shown in the anime, was actually very adorable. That episode was sad though because the poor baby kept going into an empty house that used to be owned by a little old lady before she.. ahem.. 'disappeared'. The ending will pull on your heartstrings, I guarantee that. It's episode 14 of the XY series. I think the episode did a very good job portraying Espurr in it though. Sure, it had its scary moments but Espurr is just like every other Pokemon; it just wanted love.
tumblr_n07yznP5tL1r76doeo4_500.gif

I looooooooove Espurr! It reminds me of my cross eyed kitty Troy! Sooooooooooo cute! :love::up:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 60