• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#676 - Furfrou

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
676-0.png

#676 Furfrou
[type=normal][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Torimian
Classification: Poodle Pokémon
Height: 3' 11"
Weight: 61.7 lbs.
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Fur Coat

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Furfrou was revealed alongside, Mega Garchomp, Mega Mewtwo X, Quilladin, Frogadier, Meowstic, Tyrunt , and Amaura on the 11th of September 2013 as part of the CoroCoro leak. It was later revealed internationally on Sept. 13th.

Additional Info: The stylish Pokémon Furfrou can have its appearance changed by grooming. There are number of different appearances it can take, and the more you groom it, the more styles may become available!

If you leave Furfrou's style untended for a few days, its fur will grow long and shaggy again, returning to its original look. Keep a regular grooming schedule to maintain Furfrou's style!

20454_pokedex.png

X: Trimming its fluffy fur not only makes it more elegant but it also increases the swiftness of its movements.
Y: Historically, in the Kalos region, these Pokémon were the designated guardians of the king.

20453_locations.png

Route 5

20455_evolution.png

20506_676.png

Does not evolve.

20462_levelup.png

--- Tackle
--- Growl
Lv. 5 - Sand Attack
Lv. 9 - Baby-Doll Eyes
Lv. 12 - Headbutt
Lv. 15 - Tail Whip
Lv. 22 - Bite
Lv. 27 - Odor Sleuth
Lv. 33 - Retallate
Lv. 35 - Take Down
Lv. 38 - Charm
Lv. 42 - Sucker Punch
Lv. 48 - Cotton Guard

20469_artwork.png

Furfrou_Couafarel_Coiffwaff.png
Furfrou_Couafarel_Coiffwaff.png
Alternate Hairstyles

676-1.png
676-2.png
676-3.png
676-4.png
676-5.png
676-6.png
676-7.png
676-8.png
676-9.png

20470_screenshots.png

Furfrou_Customization_Official_Screenshot_3_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
Furfrou_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
Furfrou_Customization_Official_Screenshot_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
Furfrou_Customization_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
Furfrou_Official_Screenshot_2_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
WHY.
It looked like it had the potential to be some kind of llama thing. And what did we get instead? A fscking gimmick poodle. AND you can fuck its fur up to look ridiculous, just like people do to real poodles.

... Oh well. To be expected from a France-based region I suppose. This update is one disappointment after another.

Last edited:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I have to admit that I'm not sure how I feel about this Pokemon yet. I think it's a great idea, having a Pokemon you can customise and such... but I do have a terrible dislike for actual Poodles (or rather, what people do to them!) so I'm slightly torn here xD

I kind of wish they'd gone down more of an item route with all Pokemon, such as being able to give them bows and scarfs and stuff, rather than focusing all the customisation on one Dog-like Pokemons hairdo...

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I think if I ever used a Toriman, I would keep it's hair as is. The haircuts are ridiculous.>_<

I completely agree with this ^ really.

I really like the design of Torimian and did so from when I first saw the thing in the Direct, but I'm actually quite sad knowing it's a take on a poodle rather than something else. Plus, it's another normal type dog. I think if I use it will depend on how early we come across it, there are much better Kalos Pokémon that I'm fond of, so guess we'll see.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I, like many others, have never cared for the ugly various ways people tend to style poodles fur, but I do like that breed of dog. Then again, I like most all dogs in general and Furfrou is no exception. Aside from its somewhat snobby expression (which is a surprise to no one xp) I quite like its standard design! If its stats are decent enough I could see myself adding the critter to one of my future teams, because doggie, but I'm not sure if I'd ever change its fur... Maybe go for that blue furred design the hell of it.

Last edited:
I can honestly say that I will never use this, and if I even bother catching it at ALL, it'll be for the 'Dex. Yet another Normal-Type dog, this time a poodle. If that wasn't off-putting enough, these completely ridiculous hairstyles have cemented my decision.

View attachment 14501
#676 Furfrou
[type=normal][/type] i love furfrou!!!!

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Torimian
Classification: Poodle Pokémon
Height: 3' 11"
Weight: 61.7 lbs.
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Fur Coat

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Furfrou was revealed alongside, Mega Garchomp, Mega Mewtwo X, Quilladin, Frogadier, Meowstic, Tyrunt , and Amaura on the 11th of September 2013 as part of the CoroCoro leak. It was later revealed internationally on Sept. 13th.

Additional Info: The stylish Pokémon Furfrou can have its appearance changed by grooming. There are number of different appearances it can take, and the more you groom it, the more styles may become available!

If you leave Furfrou's style untended for a few days, its fur will grow long and shaggy again, returning to its original look. Keep a regular grooming schedule to maintain Furfrou's style!

20454_pokedex.png

X: Trimming its fluffy fur not only makes it more elegant but it also increases the swiftness of its movements.
Y: Historically, in the Kalos region, these Pokémon were the designated guardians of the king.

20453_locations.png

Route 5

20455_evolution.png

20506_676.png

Does not evolve.

20462_levelup.png

--- Tackle
--- Growl
Lv. 5 - Sand Attack
Lv. 9 - Baby-Doll Eyes
Lv. 12 - Headbutt
Lv. 15 - Tail Whip
Lv. 22 - Bite
Lv. 27 - Odor Sleuth
Lv. 33 - Retallate
Lv. 35 - Take Down
Lv. 38 - Charm
Lv. 42 - Sucker Punch
Lv. 48 - Cotton Guard

20469_artwork.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my Furfrou to LEGITLY DESTROY OTHER POKEMON THAT ARE STRONG AGAINST MY FIRE-TYPES Ahm... anyways I also use it for TM's and HM's I have to watch out for fighting and ghost types >_<