• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#673 - Gogoat

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
673-0.png

#673 Gogoat
[type=grass][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Gogoat
Classification: Riding Pokémon
Height: 1.7m / 5'07"
Weight: 91.0kg / 200.6 lbs
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Sap Sipper
Hidden Ability: Grass Pelt

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Gogoat, along with Pancham, Fletchling, and Helioptile, was first revealed on May 11th within a leaked scan from the June 2013 issue of CoroCoro. The scan also confirmed that Gogoat can be ridden within Lumiose City. It was officially revealed on the official Pokémon website on 15th May.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, "Gogoat is so large that people are able to ride on its back. It's very calm, and can form a strong bond with its Trainer's feelings when its Trainer grabs onto its horns."

20454_pokedex.png

X: It can tell how its Trainer is feeling by subtle shifts in the grip on its horns. This empathic sense lets them run as if one being.
Y: They inhabit mountainous regions. The leader of the herd is decided by a battle of clashing horns.

20453_locations.png

Friend Safari

20455_evolution.png

20504_672-673.png

Evolves from Skiddo at level 32.

20462_levelup.png

--- Aerial Ace
--- Tackle
--- Growth
Lv. 7 - Vine Whip
Lv. 9 - Tail Whip
Lv. 12 - Leech Seed
Lv. 13 - Razor Leaf
Lv. 16 - Worry Seed
Lv. 20 - Synthesis
Lv. 22 - Take Down
Lv. 26 - Bulldoze
Lv. 30 - Seed Bomb
Lv. 34 - Bulk Up
Lv. 40 - Double-Edge
Lv. 47 - Horn Leech
Lv. 55 - Leaf Blade
Lv. 58 - Milk Drink
Lv. 60 - Earthquake
Lv. 65 - Aerial Ace

20469_artwork.png

gogoat.png
20470_screenshots.png

gogoat_chevroum_chevrumm_sc.png
girl_trainer_riding_screens.png
may_p8_4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Not my favourite of the bunch revealed today, but certainly my second favourite. It's got a fun name and a really nice design, they haven't made it too cute either which fits the idea of goats being quite grumpy. xD

I want to see more of it honestly, and the idea that we can ride the thing just makes me all the more excited to meet it in the games.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I really like the design of this one for some reason, even if we already have a grass-type hoofed 'mon in the form of Sawsbuck/Deerling. It's so fluffy looking with those leaves or whatever on its back I could probably sleep on it while I ride it around town~ ♥

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I need one so I can name it 'Gruff' :D

The riding aspect sounds interesting, it'll be interesting to see if it's unique to this fella, or whether other Pokemon will be ridable in certain cities/areas.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I honestly love this thing. From the first moment I saw it I loved it. Not only is it a self-proclaimed GOAT, it's a great design too! Its face is all scruffy and adorable, I love the horns, and the leaf mane/leaves running along its back work so well. Most likely it's only a one-stager but I'm crossing my fingers that it at least has a pre-evolution, just to give it a bit more substance. But in the end I don't truly mind either way. It's good enough already as is. So much love for teh grass goat. ♥

I like him. Not my favorite, but I'll definitely catch one just so I can ride it around, and I think he makes a good addition to the Pokedex. I like that his overworld while you ride him is actually him, I wonder if this means we won't need to surf on ambiguous Wailmer-blobs now?

My favorite out of the new reveals, the great Gogoat! Interesting that you ride him(and possibly others, such as Doduo, although it's not yet confirmed) in only Miare City. What is unique about this city? Is it set in the side of a mountain? Is it so huge that walking takes forever to get anywhere? I'm interested to find out.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Picnicker Virgil said:
Apparently one of the screenshots yesterday has what people think is a Gogoat pre-evolution in the background. It would be so cool if little goats just walked around Lumiose.

Wow. Never would've noticed that on my own. The goats in the background really do look a bit too different to be Gogoat, so unless they're female Gogoat or something (and the males and females actually look different) then I'd say that, yesh, they're likely a pre-evo. Sweet. <.>

Picnicker Virgil said:
Have you guys seen this yet?

2U0bg.png

Apparently one of the screenshots yesterday has what people think is a Gogoat pre-evolution in the background. It would be so cool if little goats just walked around Lumiose.

Oooooooo just let it be a pre-evo, maybe its dual type, but loses the second type so it can be rid o

Hey, ican dream can't I? LOL

And it turns out that the sharp-eyed people did indeed catch a glimpse of a Gogoat pre-evolution. There was in fact a Skiddo at the back of that picture. Nice catch ;)

Seriously, if it wasn't for Chespin, this Pokemon would be on my team for sure. *sigh* Oh, well, I can get him in X. At least I can still get Fletchling on my first playthrough of Y. :)

Says who? You can only have one active Mega Pokemon per team. That's the beauty of Pokemon: your team can consist of whatever you want.
OH. Well okay, but I only said that because I cant decide who to replace for the Gogoat. And if the one mega pokemon per team thing is true, then I could just take all the mega stones off. Thanks for the tip though!

i don't like the name that much because you say this when you send it out Go Gogoat. wait you can ride it in the game ... I'm so missing out on stuff :(