• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#662 - Fletchinder

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
662-0.png

#662 - Fletchinder
[type=fire][/type]/[type=flying][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name:
Hinoyakoma
Classification: Ember Pokémon
Height: 2'04''
Weight: 35.3 lbs
Egg Group: Flying

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Flame Body
Hidden Ability: Gale Wings

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: This Pokémon, along with a slew of others, was initially revealed within leaked CoroCoro scans on October 11th. It was later revealed internationally by Pokémon.com on October 16th.

Additional Info: Fletchinder has a flame sac in its belly. As its internal furnace heats up, it can fly faster and faster.

20454_pokedex.png

X: From its beak, it expels embers that set the tall grass on fire. Then it pounces on the bewildered prey that pop out of the grass.
Y: The hotter the flame sac on its belly, the faster it can fly, but it takes some time to get the fire going.

20453_locations.png

Friend Safari

20455_evolution.png

20500_661-663.png

Evolves from Fletchling at level 17 and evolves into Talonflame at level 35

20462_levelup.png

--- Tackle
--- Growl
Lv. 6 - Quick Attack
Lv 10 - Peck
Lv. 13 - Agility
Lv. 16 - Flail
Lv. 17 - Ember
Lv. 25 - Roost
Lv. 27 - Razor Wind
Lv. 31 - Natural Gift
Lv. 38 - Flame Charge
Lv. 42 - Acrobatics
Lv. 46 - Me First
Lv. 51 - Tail Wind
Lv. 55 - Steel Wing

20469_artwork.png

Fletchinder-X-and-Y.png
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p04_05.jpg
oct_p04_03.jpg
oct_p04_04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I am utterly in love with this thing. I had no idea what Fletchling's evolution looked like until mine actually evolved and was honestly surprised by how good it looked. Staravia/Tranquill weren't necessarily bad designs but they weren't overly notable ones either, yet I love Fletchinder's head, wings, and tail feathers. The thing looks awesome in battle and Flame Body is a great ability.

Really happy with this line thus far. Originally I was worried that I'd made a poor choice in choosing Talonflame to be my future Fire-type on Y (so many other great choices to choose from) but seeing/using Fletchinder changed my mind. I love my fire birdie. ♥

I Kn
I am utterly in love with this thing. I had no idea what Fletchling's evolution looked like until mine actually evolved and was honestly surprised by how good it looked. Staravia/Tranquill weren't necessarily bad designs but they weren't overly notable ones either, yet I love Fletchinder's head, wings, and tail feathers. The thing looks awesome in battle and Flame Body is a great ability.

Really happy with this line thus far. Originally I was worried that I'd made a poor choice in choosing Talonflame to be my future Fire-type on Y (so many other great choices to choose from) but seeing/using Fletchinder changed my mind. I love my fire birdie. ♥
I know right! as soon as i evolved my flectling into a fletchinder and on to a talon flame....IT WAS AWSOME