• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#656 - Froakie

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
656-0.png

#656 - Froakie
[type=water][/type]

20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Keromatsu
Classification: Bubble Frog Pokémon
Height: 0.3m / 1'00"
Weight: 7.0kg / 15.4 lbs
Egg Group: Water 1

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Torrent
Hidden Ability: Protean

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Froakie was revealed along with the other two starters, Chespin and Fennekin, and two Legendary Pokémon, Xerneas and Yveltal, on the 8th of January, 2013 during a Pokémon Direct broadcast announcing the Gen VI games.

Additional Info: As described by Pokemon.com, "the Water-type Pokémon Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high. The bubbles on its chest and back protect it from attacks. Froakie may appear absentminded, but in truth it pays close attention to its surroundings at all times."

20454_pokedex.png

X: It secretes flexible bubbles from its chest and back. The bubbles reduce the damage it would otherwise take when attacked.
Y: It protects its skin by covering its body in delicate bubbles. Beneath its happy-go-lucky air, it keeps a watchful eye on its surroundings.

20453_locations.png

Froakie is one of the Kalos regions starter Pokémon.

20455_evolution.png

20498_656-658.png

Froakie evolves into Frogadier at level 16

20462_levelup.png

--- Pound
--- Growl
Lv. 5 - Bubble
Lv. 8 - Quick Attack
Lv. 10 - Lick
Lv. 14 - Water Pulse
Lv. 18 - Smokescreen
Lv. 21 - Round
Lv. 25 - Fling
Lv. 29 - Smack Down
Lv. 35 - Substitute
Lv. 39 - Bounce
Lv. 43 - Double Team
Lv. 48 - Hydro Pump

20469_artwork.png

froakie_-_x_and_y 800x.png
20470_screenshots.png

froakie_grenousse_froxy_1.png
froakie_grenousse_froxy_2.png
froakie-3.jpg
may_p5_9.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
All I truly want from this little guy, is for his final Evolution to have an amazing beard/mustache made out of bubbles. Froakie may be the least loved upon first glance of the three, but so was Oshawott in Gen V and way all saw that Oshawott became (and then sadly it had to evolve a second time :V). Out of all three of the starters, Froakie has the most potential to be something amazing, as of right now.

On first glance Froakie is the most loved for me. Fennekin has a bland design but attracts everyone because a) It's a fire type b) It's a canine
and c) Best to a fursona out of :| And Chespin just creeps me out with its face. I agree it has the most potential to be something amazing, I personally think it looks the stronger of the three as well :p

Coreysawrus said:
On first glance Froakie is the most loved for me. Fennekin has a bland design but attracts everyone because a) It's a fire type b) It's a canine
and c) Best to a fursona out of :| And Chespin just creeps me out with its face. I agree it has the most potential to be something amazing, I personally think it looks the stronger of the three as well :p

...Corey, I believe you have confused Froakie with Fennekin. It's easy to see why though XD

As for thoughts on Froakie, yes, it's appearance as it is right now is unimpressive, but I think that this Pokemon has a lot of potential, for evolutions, stats, and maybe even a decent move pool. Also, I believe it is going to be either a pure Water type, or gain one of these types:
1) Ice
2) Fighting
3) Poison

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I have a tradition of getting the Water starter the first time though a new Generation (yes even fourth, but I got Pearl and Platinum at the same time so I still technically showed more love to my Platinum Infernape) and that tradition is going to stay alive and well this Gen with Froakie.

And Zekrom, I will flip some shit if Froakie gains Fighting-type because then that makes it just a Poliwrath clone which will just be upsetting. I'll be fine with Ice, Poison, Dark, or Psychic though. Remaining pure will be just fine too! :)

Psycho Monkey said:
I have a tradition of getting the Water starter the first time though a new Generation (yes even fourth, but I got Pearl and Platinum at the same time so I still technically showed more love to my Platinum Infernape) and that tradition is going to stay alive and well this Gen with Froakie.

And Zekrom, I will flip some shit if Froakie gains Fighting-type because then that makes it just a Poliwrath clone which will just be upsetting. I'll be fine with Ice, Poison, Dark, or Psychic though. Remaining pure will be just fine too! :)

U and I choose starters the same way.
I love the froakie, and all water types. Hopefully, well never run into the fire type dilemma where they are

Sir Red said:
All I truly want from this little guy, is for his final Evolution to have an amazing beard/mustache made out of bubbles. Froakie may be the least loved upon first glance of the three, but so was Oshawott in Gen V and way all saw that Oshawott became (and then sadly it had to evolve a second time :V). Out of all three of the starters, Froakie has the most potential to be something amazing, as of right now.

YES!!! I want that to seriously be a thing. Froakie may be a tad creepy looking at first, but his final evolutions have the potential to make him seriously epic if Nintendo plays this right. Also, the fact that he learns HYDRO PUMP?!?! Dang!!

r
u
serious.
I being a fennec FOX lover, joined just to correct you, its not canine, nor does it take any traits from the genus canus, its vulpine, fox, its inspired by VULPES Zerda,

now that thats off my chest, GO FENNEKIN

Triple-posting is not allowed. Posts merged.
Canine refers to Canidae both Canis and Vulpes are genus within Canidae
wow, Im a complete and utter noob, blinded by my love for fennec foxes.

thanks for teaching me this fact, as it will help me somehow...

Last edited by a moderator:
...Corey, I believe you have confused Froakie with Fennekin. It's easy to see why though XD

As for thoughts on Froakie, yes, it's appearance as it is right now is unimpressive, but I think that this Pokemon has a lot of potential, for evolutions, stats, and maybe even a decent move pool. Also, I believe it is going to be either a pure Water type, or gain one of these types:
1) Ice
2) Fighting
3) Poison
*SPOILERS* Actually it gains a dark type at it's final evo

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Biodiversity, child. I don't see you complaining about the wealth of different frog species in nature because OMG NATURE IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS.

Same goes for Pokémon. Each of the frog Pokémon is based on radically different types of frogs, just like each of the different fish Pokémon is based on different types of fish and each of the bajillion and a half canine Pokémon are based on different kinds of canines. There's plenty of ideas to go around.