• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#655 - Delphox

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
655-0.png

#655 - Delphox
[type=fire][/type]/[type=psychic][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name:
Mafoxy
Classfication: Fox Pokémon
Height: 4'11''
Weight: 86.0 lbs.
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Blaze
Hidden Ability: Magician

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Delphox was officially revealed by Pokemon.com on the 12th of October. It, along with Chesnaught and Greninja, was leaked a few days prior to the official reveal but was not reported on due to Nintendo's wishes for them not to be revealed before the games release.

Additional Info: Brandishing a tree branch like a wand, Delphox can perceive future events by concentrating on the branch's burning tip.

20454_pokedex.png

X: It gazes into the flame at the tip of its branch to achieve a focused state, which allows it to see into the future.
Y: Using psychic power, it generates a fiery vortex of 5,400 degrees Fahrenheit, incinerating foes swept into this whirl of flame.

20453_locations.png

Evolve from Braixen

20455_evolution.png

20497_653-655.png

Evolves from Braixen at level 36.

20462_levelup.png

--- Future Sight
--- Role Play
--- Switcheroo
--- Shadow Ball
--- Scratch
--- Tail Whip
Lv. 5 - Ember
Lv. 11 - Howl
Lv. 14 - Flame Charge
Lv. 18 - Psybeam
Lv 22 - Fire Spin
Lv. 27 - Lucky Chant
Lv. 30 - Light Screen
Lv. 34 - Psyshock
Lv. 36 - Mystical Fire
Lv. 42 - Flamethrower
Lv. 47 - Will-O-Wisp
Lv. 51 - Psychic
Lv. 55 - Sunny Day
Lv. 56 - Magic Room
Lv. 61 - Fire Blast
Lv. 69 - Future Sight
Lv. 75 - Mystical Fire

20469_artwork.png

Delphox_art.jpg
20470_screenshots.png

oct_p02_02_v3ds7.jpg
oct_p02_01_fa923.jpg

oct_p02_03_i8es0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
While Chesnaught is still my favorite out of the 3, I'm still getting Delphox in my Y game just because it's the first NON-Fire/Fighting starter since Gen II (Thank God & Game Freak by the way)
Yeah, you're right! I honnestly thought that GameFreak is going to ruin the graitcous design of Braixen and Fennekin by making it a Fire/Fighting type, but they didn't!!! The only problem is that it has only 12,5 or something percent for being a female, while it's wearing a skirt!! Didn't GameFreak thought about it?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
*Trifacepalm bromide*

Congratulations! You've just managed to step on one of my personal pet peeves when it comes to stupid complaints about creature design. Let's get one thing clear, right off the bat.

Pokémon are NOT humans.

Human secondary sexual characteristics do NOT apply to Pokémon.

Neither do human societal constructs of gender and gender-themed outfits, some of which only apply in certain cultures anyway.

There goes that argument of "Wah wah my single misfiring neuron perceives this alien creature as feminine by western human standards and therefore the fact there are no gender differences offends it!" out the window. The utter stupidity of this argument is further compounded by the fact that Delphox is not actually wearing anything - it just has very long fur that is actually stylized after a wizard's robes. Those are fairly unisex by any definition of the term.

Good grief, humanity, THINK before running your keyboards. X_X

well anyway i heard a guy say this gen is like an RPG like game since chesnaught is the knight class,delphox is the mage,and greninja is the rougue. but come on pokemon is different from any rpg games! anyone agree?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The Pokémon games belong to a rather specific sub-genre of RPGs - namely monster-training based jRPGs - but they are still rather typical RPGs with some very typical RPG tropes. They're only "different" in the nature of the setting and game mechanics - and let's be honest, most individual RPGs vary on those.

This also has very little to do with the design inspiration behind the three starter lines - which was, indeed, the three fantasy character archetypes of warrior, mage and rogue. Each generation has a certain inspiration to its three starter lines (Gen V's at least, was inspired by Western, Chinese and Japanese motifs) - and since the three fantasy archtypes are often an element of western fantasy and Kalos is based on France... I'd say it's actually pretty damn clever.

*Trifacepalm bromide*

Congratulations! You've just managed to step on one of my personal pet peeves when it comes to stupid complaints about creature design. Let's get one thing clear, right off the bat.

Pokémon are NOT humans.

Human secondary sexual characteristics do NOT apply to Pokémon.

Neither do human societal constructs of gender and gender-themed outfits, some of which only apply in certain cultures anyway.

There goes that argument of "Wah wah my single misfiring neuron perceives this alien creature as feminine by western human standards and therefore the fact there are no gender differences offends it!" out the window. The utter stupidity of this argument is further compounded by the fact that Delphox is not actually wearing anything - it just has very long fur that is actually stylized after a wizard's robes. Those are fairly unisex by any definition of the term.

Good grief, humanity, THINK before running your keyboards. X_X

Pokemon with ''human style''

Furries.:?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... I fail to see what do furries have to do with anything, other than the fact that some of them are drawn to non-human anthropomorphic (or quasi-anthropomorphic) Pokémon designs.

That does not change the point that the perceptions of certain societies on what counts as 'masculine' or 'feminine' is irrelevant to nonhuman creatures.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
#1: It IS a tree branch. Or rather, a twig. That is a recurring thing along the entire line - Fennekin snacks on twigs, Braixen keeps one in its tail for wand purposes, Delphox keeps the same one in its 'sleeves' for the exact same purposes.

And #2: Delphox does not NEED a 'Male version'. It already has one and it looks exactly the same as the female version because wizard/witch robes are unisex. And any more whining about this will get you warned.

I really like Delphox, but the crap load of ear fluff puts me off a bit. I like robes and everything else about the design, but that ear fluff...... They seriously went overboard with it. They could have maybe shaped like a wizard hat or something else cool with it, but instead they made it look all 'wild' looking. It just doesn't fit in with the whole wizard theme. Thats just my opinion though and totally I understand if you disagree with me.

When I first played X I wanted all the starters of Gen 6 from wi-fi. I got this Fennekin I didn't know it had it's hidden ability untill I evolve it a month later. I was happy because I had a starter and had a hidden ability.

don't quite understand why people dislike the design, but, I guess people really don't seem to like it since it looks "girly", it kinda has more of a nature/wizardy vibe to me, even if the pokemon were to wear clothes (which they don't), clothes don't exactly have genders, anyone can wear a skirt, but you know, social norms and everything, basically I agree with @StellarWind Elsydeon .