• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

12th Movie Update

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
HTML:
[img]https://www.pokecharms.com/random/smallarceusposter.jpg[/img]
A new trailer and poster for the 12th Movie - Arceus: To a Conquering Space Time - were revealed today by Japanese TV show Oha Suta. The poster would appear to contain spoilers for the Pokemon anime concerning team changes that will occur before the summer - so don't read the rest of the topic if you don't wanna know. (And don't look to closely at the pic beside this text >_>)

Failing that, the full sized poster and the trailer are available in the next post. This topic has been marked as spoilers, so feel free to discuss the revelations from the poster.

The 12th movie premieres in Japan on the 18th July and is the last part of the D/P movie trilogy surrounding the Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Arceus mythology. Also featuring in the movie is Heatran, a special Notch-Eared Pichu and the 3 Johto starters - which has given rise to more speculation that a G/S remake or Johto-set game is due to be announced this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
largearceusposter.jpg

HTML:

Poster and Video with thanks to Filb.de.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
These toy prototypes shown here include a random Zapdos - indicating that it will probably have some role in the movie somehow...

1340_1_43.jpg

That makes the legendaries present: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Heatran and Zapdos. The most now of any movie. (The last maximum being 4 in P2k and the last, 11th movie...)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That's a very pretty poster, and I loved finally getting to see Arceus animated in that trailer. But still most importantly... Staraptor and Monferno :D

I've been wondering this: has there been any mention about the 12 movie being accompanied by a Pikachu short film? I was speculating about one earlier, and with the Johto trio and Heatran not featured on this final poster I'm wondering about it even moreso now. I wouldn't know either way as I actually haven't been visiting the Japanese movie website much this time 'round.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
As far as I know there wont be one. There hasn't been for years. Although, speaking of the movie site, it will update tomorrow, possibly just with today's stuff - but maybe more.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Those Japanese presenters are insane XD

Movie trailer looks awesome, I must admit that it's been a while since I've sat and watched a Pokemon movie... they certainly seem to have come a long way in terms of animation and effects.

That's a nice shiny poster too. Even though they aren't on the poster, I do hope the presence of the Johto starters does mean there will be news on a Silver/Gold remake. It would certainly make me happy XD

Zapdos seems random, and since the D/P Generation has a record number of Legendary Pokemon, it seems fitting the the final movie in the trilogy has a record number of them too XD

Can't wait too see this movie. ^^

Probably going to watch the japanese version, knowing little XDD

Can't wait for it. Also, agreed with Magpie on the amount of legends and the japanese presenters XD

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Can't wait too see this movie. ^^

Probably going to watch the japanese version, knowing little XDD

A sub is usually available within a week or two of the DVD's release. The only issue is that the DVD wont be out until the end of this year, and the sub may not be available until the very start of 2010... Quite a while to wait, but the dub DVD would only be a couple of months later.

OMG YUSH!!! Arceus is FINALLY officially announced. Sheesh, they took their time! *wants to go to a Japanese theatre to get special movie Arceus* It's obvious they'll have one.