Every year on or around April Fools Day some interesting Pokémon related things tend to appear, and this year is no different. Google Maps have announced quite an interesting treat for the next couple of days in the form of Pokémon Challenge.
The Android and iOS apps for the Google Maps service have been given an update which allows users to access a special mode which fills the maps with Pokémon. Your task, if you wish to take it on, is to find and capture every single Pokémon.
To go along with the release Google Maps also released a rather nifty trailer for Pokémon Challenge which you can see below. For those of you taking on the challenge, we wish you luck!
A new Wi-Fi tournament for owners of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has been announced. The tournament will go by the name of 2014 April Friendly and will be using single battle rules. All Pokémon from the Kalos Pokédex will be able to take part, including legendaries such as Xerneas and Yveltal. All Pokémon must have been bred or caught in Kalos, Pokémon transferred using Pokémon Bank are not allowed.
Registration for the tournament opens on the 17th of April and closes on the 24th. Battles will take place from the 25th of April through to the 28th. Players can play 20 battles per day.
Best of luck to all those that take part!
In a Nintendo Direct last month a surprise title in the form of Pokémon Link Battle (known as Pokémon Battle Trozei in the US) was revealed to be coming to the 3DS’ eShop. Fast forward to March 13th and the game has now landed in Europe and Japan, with a US release to follow on the 20th. With that in mind, we’ve decided to throw together a review of the title to judge whether it’s worth picking up or not. Read on to find out more!
For the first time, the Pokémon Anime is to be available across all Netflix regions from this Saturday, 1st March.
The first season of the Black and White series along with the first Black and White movie/s (the woeful Victini one/s, unfortunately) will be available for all regions supported by Netflix, whilst the very first season, featuring the Indigo League, will be available for those in the US, Canada, the UK and Ireland.
This follows the deal with Hulu in America to stream an even greater selection of the anime and movies, and demonstrates a growing understanding of the value of these on-demand streaming services by The Pokémon Company International. Hopefully, since those of us outside of the US can't benefit from the Hulu deal, it will just mark the beginning of what's available on Netflix.
Early this morning Nintendo announced a brand new tournament for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y owners in the UK. The tournament will take place in GAME stores and shopping centres across the UK between the 1st of March and the 5th of April, with a grand final being held in London on the 26th of April.
The tournament will be using the official VGC 2014 rules and will be single elimination knock-out. Four different groups will be held at each regional tournament with the winner of each group then getting to take part in the championship in London. The groups are as follows:
- Ultimate Pokémon Expert group for players 13 and over. The prize for winning this group at the championship will give you a week-long trip to Japan and a pass to the second round in the VGC event in May.
- Junior Pokémon Expert group for players 12 and under. The prize for...
The other update for today, a couple of things for the Trainer Card Maker.
- The bug where badges would sometimes go out of order on the Trainer Card Maker is now fixed.
- You can now post Trainer Cards directly to Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr from their pages - just click the relevant Share buttons after you save a card to your profile.
Today we've completed a fairly major software update for the site, which fixes many bugs and adds new features, both for staff and users. Some of the changes are:
- Very similarly to how you can register and log in with a Facebook account, you can now log in with Twitter and Google+. You can see the option when you drop the login drawer on any page, or if you're logged in, choose External Accounts in your user menu.
- New Multi Quote option in the forums - this allows you to collect posts from anywhere in the forums and reply to them in one go. Just click +Quote by the posts you want to reply to, then click Insert Quoted Posts in the reply box.
- Tagging is now enabled for profile posts and comments. This means you can get someone's attention in a profile post by typing @Teapot, for example.
- Rewritten [type] tag, which lets you insert Pokémon types directly into your posts:...
A couple of days ago this months edition of Japanese magazine CoroCoro leaked, bringing with it the reveal of a brand new Pokémon known as Diancie. Today the official website for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y has officially revealed the Pokémon outside of Japan and given us a very nice trailer showing the Pokémon off, which you can see below.
The Pokémon is still known as Diancie outside of Japan, and as previously reported is a Rock and Fairy Type. It's known as the Jewel Pokémon and the official site also mentions that Diancie is a rare Pokémon whom is loosely related to Carbink. The full write-up is as follows:
Following the release of other soundtracks onto iTunes in the west, including the recent release of the HeartGold and SoulSilver soundtrack. The soundtrack for Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire is hitting the store today to the excitement of hardcore trumpet fans everywhere.
Perhaps it won't be long before we can hear an updated version of the soundtrack either...
In the meantime, here's the final form of one of Ruby and Sapphire's themes, fulfilling its full trumpeting destiny:
Page 6 of 57